Sunday, December 18, 2005

Beautiful Girls, You've Got Mail, The L-Word

I watched a bit of one of my favorite movies, Beautiful Girls, yesterday. I don' t that I would like the movie if it were not for the interaction between Willie and Marty, the 13 year old neighbor girl. Marty is old, she's young in age, but old in spirit. She has never met Willie before, but she can sense things about him. This catches him off guard and intrigues him just the same. There is nothing inappropriate that takes place between them...Willie is a grown man in his 20's. With no effort, Marty reaches him through her observations of him, his father and brother. She tells Willie she is an old soul and the two of them interact, she 13 and he 20 something, for brief moments as if there is no difference in age between them...Again, he never does or says anything inappropriate towards this minor child. You can tell though, or at least I can tell, that there is something there between them. Maybe a soul thing! Maybe within the confines of the moments and boundaries that they shared between them something else, their spirits were engaging in something more. There was a spark there between them. It's such an innocent interaction, but to me no less powerfull.

I love that movie if only to see the scenes between Willie (Timothy Hutton) and Marty (a young Natalie Portman). Cute, cute, cute...

You've Got Mail...I saw a bit of that yesterday as well. That movie came out before I was really too interested in the Internet. I had just created my first email account with yahoo in 1998. It's another one of my favorites...

The L-Word...
When will you be back on? I want to see what's happening with Shane and Bette and Tina and Alice. I wish Miranda was still on the show. She was a bad mutha shut yo' mouth! It's still a good show without her though. Only God (and the cast, and the producers) know what they will have Shane doing this season. I'm going to have to check out Showtime to see when they will be back. Oh yeah, I hope hope hope hope hope that Jennie got some HELP. That girl was scary!
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.