Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Earth School

Today, yesterday, the day before that... God, where have I been? What are the stars saying? What do the bones reveal? Maybe if I consult the tarot...maybe answers will be there. Maybe....ummm, maybe if I called my mama. hmmm, maybe she'd know.

God, what did I say? What did I pray? What did a think to bring me...here? Where are you leading me? I know, I know.... my path has never been straight. But can you give a sistah a break?

I'm tired of breathing rarified air. My other lungs want exercise. My other ears...they need silence. My eyes...close them all. What am I saying? I'd like to travel the river da' nile for a minute. My boat has capsized, and I'm treading...sh*t, I'm dogging paddling. I'm sinking... I'm tired.

Please, please...no more tests. Can you please, just this once, grade me on a curve? Pass me before I learn? Can I skip class? I promise I'll study on my own time.
I'll take an incomplete. Drop the class maybe... sign up again some other time. Another semi...semester...Some other half of my life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.