Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Meetings


It's been a while since I last posted. I've been pretty busy at work lately. It's kind of intense sometimes... meetings, meetings, meeting... So many meetings, I don't think I ever want to meet again. I'm warn out from meetings. If my next job/career/line of work requires meetings, I might decline to take the job. Meetings are over-rated. Just say what you gotta say. Why you gotta meet every dang week? Email me. Put a flyer in my mailbox...just don't schedule another meeting! There are so many things I could do with the time I spend in meetings. I could build a house, Figure out a cure for diabetes, get a replacement for George Bush, build a backbone for the democrats...wow, so many things I, we could do if we weren't in freakin' meetings. I have meetings scheduled Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday regularly. That's where I am and what I'm doing on those days. Sometimes I can get in more meetings to actually interview parents...More meetings. Who in the heck invented meetings? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you actually had a good time in the meeting. Maybe it would be bearable if you really genuinely liked the people you were in the meeting with. Maybe if you were strategizing on how to have fewer meetings in the meeting. Dang, the more degrees you have the more meetings you have. I'd rather be a construction worker in the fall months. (It's too hot in the summer.) Some days I sit in meetings and pray. I ask God to please deliver me from the meeting! Some days all I can say is God, help! Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if people got straight to the point and said what was on their mind. For instance, "Guys, bottom line...we are F---king up. We in the red...one of yall gotta go!" Okay, maybe not...no one would want to come to a meeting to hear they are going to be "let go". IF it wasn't for the money, being "let go" wouldn't be so bad. I would volunteer to be "let go" if I could still get my check. I hear it doesn't work like that though. Oh well, Maybe I should go and rest up so I can seat in another round of meetings tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.