Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Practicing Being Present

After reading a quote posted by a fellow blogger, I've been inspired to practice being more fully present in my day, and in all the activities that make up my day. So, since yesterday I try to do one thing at a time and fully focus on that one thing. It has felt much better since I have been more aware of my actions. I realize that thinking about 7 billions things at one time makes me anxious as all get out. I often get frenzied when I think about all that I have to do. My body and mind reacts as if I have to do it all at the same moment. That feels awefull. I was tired of feeling that feeling so I'm addressing the behavior that contributes to the feeling. Empowerment is a wonderfull thing. Knowing you have power and not exercising it... Not good. Is power that isn't utilized power?

hmmm!

I've been listening more to my body. I had to ask myself today, "why are you passing the restroom 2 and 3 times when your body is telling you you need to go?" Didn't make any sense to me. It is now the norm to go against what our body's tell us we need. We can't even interpret what the body is saying anymore. We eat when we are thirsty. We don't go to the restroom until we have to do the little dance we do when we can't wait any longer while we undo our belt buckles. I cringe when I think about how much I contribute to my undesirable states of being and doing.

That Nike slogan from way back was so right on time..."Just Do It!"

It's done!
peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Blackgold said...

Thank you for referring me to Eckhart Tolle. I have his first two books, but not the latest that came out this year. Although it's been in my possession since it came out, I have not read "Stillness Speaks". I will grab it off of my book shelf today. Thank u... :)

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.