Monday, December 06, 2004

Student Teaching

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." I don't know where that quote originated but I have found it to be true in my life. People show up at just the right time in our lives. My overall feeling to describe where I am today are below...lyrics from the song "You Can't Always Get What You Want". It's featured in a C2 commercial...
_______________________________________________
"You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need" - The Rolling Stones
_______________________________________________

I have been blessed to have wonderfull people in my life. When I began the conscious phase of my spiritual journey, they came to me very easily. They just showed up or were placed in my path...a referral following a conversation with others. The people I met, I felt like I knew before. They delivered Keys and pieces to the puzzle that I struggled to put together at the time.

I have been through many different phases throughout my journey. All of these phases and pieces fit together. They have all been purposefull.

"We are both student and teacher at the same time." Origins unknown...But I can bare witness to its truth.

Sometimes we get locked/stuck in roles. We have difficulty balancing opposites. We should attempt fluidity in our relationships. To be able to move between roles and within roles. Openness. In order to receive the hand must be open. And with the invisible/spiritual, our hearts must be open too. Our brains, or rational selves often hinder us from seeing/hearing/feeling/knowing the spiritual.

I think it's Iyanla or maybe my Reiki teacher who says "turn your brains off" which means to me- don't let the senses (sight in particular) dictate the experience. There is a world in- and outside of us that exists that we rarely catch a glimpse of because the senses are too busy taking in the external.

Take time to sense and feel the space within...that place that connects us to everything and everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BG, i truly feel you on this one. Thank you! -stribbet

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.