Thursday, April 12, 2007

News Flash...

This is a News Flash... Since all black people seem to get lumped into one category.

I am Black and I do not listen to gangsta rap. I do not refer to myself as a bitch or a ho. I do not listen to music that does refer to women as such. I do not purchase the music.

Why is the media telling Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson to
shut up and talk? You condemn them because they are tainted... because they are suspect. Why do you keep microphones and cameras in their face if you don't want to hear what they have to say? Make your mind up. There are many intelligent black men who aren't tainted, who don't have "sketchy" pasts, that can speak to the issues that impact the black community. But the media doesn't have them in their Rolodex. At the same time, what Al or Jesse said in the past take nothing away from the fact that Imus made racist and sexist statements about young women who are not public political figures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.