Saturday, July 01, 2006

Like attracts like and other random thoughts

They often say opposites attract. Maybe they do, but I see time and time again that Like attracts like. I've heard many times that we attract that which we are. We often say, "nah...no way" because we only seeing the negative in a person or situation. If we look at other angles, other sides, other possibilities and other manifestations of the situation or thing, maybe we will find that we are more alike that not alike.
~~~~

As I approach the impending birth of my first child, what I think...the thoughts I hold have never been more important. I believe in an infinite wisdom and power. How can...why would I cancel out that belief in an infinite power and wisdom with something called a labor "pain"? Perception colors experience. It dictates our experience...it sets up the outcomes. The words I use to describe what will be happening to my body as my baby is birthed with alter my experience because each word has an energy and an energetic impression.

During this time many...pregnancy... many who have experienced it try to tell you how it's gonna be or what to expect. I've been creating my own experience. (I'm pleased to say.) I have to because I believe in an infinite wisdom and power.

I am pleased to have talked to so many elders who had no choice but to birth their children naturally. Now, we have choices. We can decide to feel pain or not feel pain during the experience of birth. I am planning to birth my first child naturally. I am going to be flexible because the birth of my child is something to some extent that I don't control. My baby's health and wellbeing is most important. I won't be stuck on what I want just to say that I did this or did that if my baby's health is compromised in any way. However, I will be a full participant in the natural process of birthing my first child. I want to make whatever decisions I can make during the whole process.

We are determined to make it a "beautifull" experience absent of fear (False Education Accepted as Reality). I feel like I'm in training now... And I know that I've been in spiritual training for a long time. I think about the movies I've seen where the fighter goes off to train before the big fight. That is where I will be in a few weeks... in training, preparing to birth my child.

We stay faithfull! We expect the best, most delightfull welcoming for our child. We know we can do this like so many other ancient warrior women who have come before me. God is with us!

We are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.