Friday, May 26, 2006

Can't sleep

I really hate it when I can't sleep especially when I am really tired. It's 2 something in the morning and I cna't stop my mind from thinking about my day and about my job. You'd think that would be the last thing on my mind. It's the end of the school year and I have a few more reports to write. I typed one at home this evening. I try really hard to draw the line with working at home, but sometimes it's necessary to meet a deadline. The problem is that I can't cut my brain off to some of the things that have come up at work.

Maybe I would feel better if I typed reports. Maybe I'd feel better if I told my neighbor to stop putting his trash and recyclables in front of my house and on my lawn...technically the space/little area is owned by the development; however, I am responsible for maintaining it if there is snow or ice there in the winter. Gosh he makes me sick...his whole family gets on my last nerve.

I am dealing a lot with situations that involve a lack of boundaries...with neighbors and at my job. It really, really bugs the sh*t out of me. Why must he and his wife put their refuse in front of my house? Would I be wrong for asking him not to do so? Right now I'm not saying anything and I think that's what's keeping me up because it's clearly bothering me but I'm not addressing it with the folks that I need to address it with. It actually feels better to formulate the thought to post it here. Identifying it, acknowledging it...it helps. They get on my last nerve...every since they moved almost 2 years ago. I had to ask them to stop cutting my dang grass. He laid sod and now doesn't want to put trash in front of his own yard because the trash men will throw the cans on your lawn. To preserve his lawn he puts his trash can and recycables in front of my house and the trashmen throw the cans on my lawn. What kind of sh*t is that? They say good fences make good neighbors... We'll his daughter throws snow balls at our house from their deck and tries to talk to us through the window. She rolls in our grass and uses her tricycle wheels to ram the side of my husband's car while her dad looks on.

He's manipulative...he went to everyone besides us to get approval for his deck after telling us that he would be bringing papers by for us to sign a few weeks earlier. The homeowner's association didn't ask any questions because he had the names of more than enough neighbors excluding the folks that lived next door to him on the right...us!!! He does what he wants to do and it drives me crazy because he frequently does something that crosses over into our space. Why does he always have to infringe on us in some way, shape or form?

I would like to say something to him about his trash and crap but I wonder if it's unreasonable. I know it bothers me like hell, but technically I don't know that little plot of land in front of my house near the curb. But like I said...if it snows or there is ice, I can be sued if someone busts there behind and gets hurt because I didn't clean it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.