Sunday, March 12, 2006

Family and other thoughts...that are mine!

I just had the best weekend with my family. My nephew had another track meet this weekend. So, everyone except my brother came up for the event. My mom and I didn't make it to the event, but we met them for dinner afterward. My nephew didn't do as well as he did in the last few months. But we still celebrated the fact that he made it to the National competition after jumping since January 2006. Not January of his 8th grade year, but January 2006 of his senior year! The young man has natural talent. Now we need to get him into a college that has just as much to offer him athletically and academically as he has to offer them.

My mom hemmed my maternity pants for me. I needed it bad. Very Bad. Thank Goodness she can sew. She left her sewing machine here. I will find a pattern so that I can make some decorative pillows. That will be fun! I finished my middle nephew's scarf. He may have to wait until next year to wear it though. The weather was spectacular here this weekend.

I look forward to seeing everyone again soon!

It's important to be important to somebody and a lot of somebodies. It's cool to know your place... know where you stand in the lives of those who are important to you and vice versa. Be happy! Be happy! At least be in the process of being happy! Be happy! Life doesn't always have to be miserable. It doesn't always have to be a struggle. Just be! Exist... with a smile. A real genuine smile. Work your sh*t out when you aren't smiling! Listen to the indicators, the signals, the alert system that's built inside that lets you know when something ain't right inside.

These are just my thoughts for now. Don't know why I'm sharing them, but I am... Life is too short for misery to become our default mode of existence.

Live. Laugh. Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.