Sunday, December 11, 2005

Melancholy Mood and Gratitude

I slipped into a melancholy space pretty easily this morning. I started thinking from a place of lack, but thinking about what is missing from my life is necessary at times. Those moments, these moments show up to help us get focused. I changed my mind, my focus, my thoughts and now I see, feel differently. not completely, not totally but I feel a difference. It's a matter of which eyes I see with, which ears I hear with... I'm staying where I am though. I'm not trying to rush myself to some place that I am not. I'm feeling it. Maybe I will ride the rollercoaster of emotions today. Chosing when I can which eyes I see with.

I need to make today a day of gratitude. Each time I feel sad or a little low I will record what I am thankfull for. Today this feels necessary.

I also need to reach out to others, and be near others.

Yesterday, my nephew broke the high jump record held at his high school He jumped 6 feet, 6 inches....That's with literally one day of practice. He decided that he wanted to be a high jumper this year, his senior year. He tried out and made the team. Yesterday, he had his first indoor track meet, and jumped the highes. Amazing to jump so high without training or practice. I'm so proud of him. Wow, I feel better just writing about his accomplishments. Wonderfull!

There's a connection... you can't feel sad when you are thankfull for everything. Some would ask, "but why would I be thankfull for "bad things" that show up?" Which eyes, ears are we looking with?...what is bad? Maybe I should only use that word in the context of "badd" meaning good!

Africans and language... we've done some amazing things with language, haven't we? We change the world, our world with our words, our language...

Okay, I'm feeling better...better...better

ThankFULL I AM!

this is good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.