Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I haven't been focused enough to write anything in a while. I've been pretty distracted by what feels like negative energies around me. My energies have gone into warding off the negative. Trying not to be consumed by it. It's tough living with and constantly being around people who are unhappy for one reason or another. That has always had a draining affect on me.

This time of year...it's supposed to be a happy time, but many feel nothing but sadness as a result of lack, physical/material and emotional lack. Maybe it's the time off from work and the lack of structure that that forces some to face. Yep, it's true. Although many people don't like their jobs, it is what they do consistently and they know what to expect. Some people don't deal well with the unexpected, and they haven't figured out that they need to create the structure they need. I am one that does well with structure, but I've learned a bit about knowing what I need to do to create the structure I need. I don't always do it, but I do know that I need to do it when I don't have it.

Happiness is a choice for many. That isn't the case for everyone due to biochemical reasons and/or belief systems that tell the individual that something external/outside of themselves has to happen before they can be/experience happiness. I once heard a preacher say that "Happiness is dependent upon the happenings. Joy is an inside job." I can't remember who said it... I just know that it didn't originate with me. His point was that we shouldn't strive for happiness because it is dependent on things that are outside of us, and since things outside of us change so much our moods would fluctuate depending upon what some one else is or isn't doing. Joy comes from within... Where the most high God resides.

I do wonder about the statement though. How much do we need to bring with us? How much positivity? How much of the good stuff? Is it unwise and unhealthy to be overly dependent upon others to make us happy, or feel good?

For as long as I remember I believe that my happiness, my feeling good is my responsibility. Not everyone feels that way, and they will always be slaves to their needs, wants, desires and others. That is what I believe to be so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blackgold said...

:)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.