Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Work

Maybe it's a five year itch. There are many things that I appreciate about the job...And then there are many more things that I don't give a damn about. SOmetimes I think I'm tired of being a social worker. SOmetimes I'd rather have a hammer in my hand and hammer nails in a wall. I'm tired of peoples problems and I'm tired of people looking at me like "do something!" Don't get me wrong. I like people, and I do care...but I only have so much caring to go around. When do I get a little gratification from the job? Those sparks are few and far between. Should we be content with a j.o.b.? Should we want more from the place and thing we spend the bulk of our time? I know, I know...we got bills. We got obligations, things we want...living ain't cheap. LOL

Here I am concerned about not having FUN while making money and fishermen in Asia can't afford to buy nets to fish to feed their families. And I, me, we wanna have fun! But this is our plight, even with disaster on the other side of the world, we want more out of life. That's not a bad thing as long as we recognize what we have and where we fit in the grander scheme of things. I work for food. Ain't no question about it. I work I eat. I struggle with a stressfull job that I don't get much gratification from and I eat a little better.

The math is simply, but life...happiness is so complicated sometimes.

I'm going to stay focused. It's rare that U find someone who really, really likes and enjoys their job. I'm tired of faking like I do. I wanna be like that dude in Office Space...just say #%*(@% it.

Maybe there's another way to look at this...another perspective to take...Let's see what we can come up with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blackgold said...

Thanks Nancy! I too need to identify new career goals. There are days where I find good reasons to stay. Other days I know I have more to offer and more to gain.

My reiki teacher has often talked about sending Reiki to the situations, not just people. I will incorporate that in to my plan for change, growth and fullfillment. Thanks for checking out the blog. Peace.Love.Light

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.