Saturday, January 12, 2008

Been So Long...

It has been so many months since I last posted here. I don't even know what to say.

I miss my mom so much. She passed away on August 22, 2007. She had cancer, and we only learned that that was the case in July. She lived for about 7 weeks after finding out. The news crushed us, but at the time I felt very numb. I was just getting by, getting through it all.

I'm so glad I spent her last days with her. I last saw her on a Saturday night and she passed early Wednesday morning - a few hours after midnight. I keep imagining her taking her last breath. Thank God I did not have to witness that as my brother did. The thought makes me feel heavy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Life is so unpredictable, sometimes for good, sometimes not. - Onii Onii

6:01 PM  
Blogger Blackgold said...

Thanks, Onii! Thanks a bunch!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.