Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Purple Rain

Purple Rain is on right now. I am so glad it's on... I know that may sound weird, but Prince...Purple Rain has a lot of significance to me. Prince's music is the one thing that I can count on to help me during shifts and transitions. There are days when I feel disjointed and disconnected. Life's ups and downs, my challenging myself beyond my limits and boundaries that I set for myself sometimes leaves me feeling... um, weird...not myself. Prince's music has been a constant in my life since 1984. He's been with me through every up and down, twist, turn and curve.

Today is one of those days where I needed the familiar...Something from the past to help integrate this new present, this new day, this me that I am recovering and discovering. It's good. The universe must've heard my silent plea/request for assistance.

"Take me with you...I don't care if spend the night at your mansion...I don't care if we spend the night on the town"

(Sigh of relief and a smile)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.