Monday, November 07, 2005

Random Thoughts

Today is November 7th, and I'm still feeling like 'wow, it's November?' The weather has been beautifull this oast weekend and today. I'm almost hoping that the weather gets colder faster...Why? I don't know. It's sort of like being in limbo. The seasons have an effect on me and the rest of the Earth. The good thing is my grass is confused. It's still growing (yay!)! I started my front yard almost from scratch. It little grass is so cute. LOL

On Saturday, I did a presentation for some moms at my church...Yes, I still claim to be a member even though I haven't been consistently in years. It felt really good. I was really blessed to be asked to share with them.

I saw Harriet Miers jogging on Saturday in Crystal City. She was keeping up a good pace too. I was shocked to see her, and didn't believe what my eyes were seeing. She might be a very happy woman, but for some reason I felt sad when I saw her. Maybe because folks dogged her out when/after Bush nominated her for the supreme court. Maybe it was because she jogged with her head noticeably faces downward as if she didn't want me to recognize her. I don't know...

I'm looking forward to continuing with my clinical supervision so that I can get my license to practice independently. I know a few folks who only have to take and pass the test and they haven't done it yet. They have all the supervision they need. Me...I passed the test and need the supervision. It will come together one day.

A lot of times we look at our lives and feel so dissatisfied. There are many who have far less than we have and they are happy. That's not to say that whatever it is we struggle with, or causes our unhappiness isn't real. We do have to change our thinking about problems. Why do we have problems? Are they really blessings? Is everything we go through simply a chemical reaction? An addiction to neurochemicals? Maybe yes, maybe no... Maybe a different way of thinking about and looking at our "problems" or challenges will give us another way of addressing them.

Election Day is tomorrow. I hope people go out and vote. Vote! Vote! Vote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.