Saturday, October 22, 2005

BBC NEWS | England | North Yorkshire | Hate mail sent to new archbishop

BBC NEWS | England | North Yorkshire | Hate mail sent to new archbishop: "The first black Archbishop of York has revealed that he has received racist letters, including some covered in human excrement.

Ugandan-born Dr John Sentamu, who will be enthroned in York next month, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme he prayed for those who sent the hate mail.

He said: 'I don't know where they are from. They don't tell you.

'They simply tell you, I am Mr White X and nigger go back and this is what you are like, this is what you are worth.'

Asked if he was angered by the letters, Dr Sentamu said: 'Particularly when they put human excrement on them. I don't want to have that kind of thing.

'And I say to myself, why are people doing this?"
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.