Friday, October 21, 2005

'Cheney-Rumsfeld cabal' hijacked US foreign policy: former Powell aide - Yahoo! News

'Cheney-Rumsfeld cabal' hijacked US foreign policy: former Powell aide - Yahoo! News: "'I would say that we have courted disaster in
Iraq, in
North Korea, in
Iran,' Wilkerson, who was Powell's chief of staff at the State Department, said Wednesday at a policy forum at the New America Foundation.

'The case that I saw for four-plus years was a case that I have never seen in my studies of aberrations, bastardizations, perturbations, changes to the national security decision-making process,' he said.

'What I saw was a cabal between the vice president of the United States, Richard Cheney, and the secretary of defense, Donald Rumsfeld, on critical issues that made decisions that the bureaucracy did not know were being made,' he said.

The Bush administration 'made decisions in secret, and now I think it is paying the consequences of having made those decisions in secret. But far more telling to me is America is paying the consequences,' Wilkerson said.

'You and I and every other citizen like us is paying the consequences, whether it is a response to (Hurricane) Katrina that was less than adequate certainly, or whether it is the situation in Iraq, which still goes unexplained.'"
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.