Saturday, October 16, 2004

Today...

Today feels new...I mean it is a new day but some days just feel like repeats of days gone by...Like Groundhogs day with Bill Murray. I'm excited and tired at the same time. I spent the day with a friend, a good friend. We met at Eastern Market in DC...a neat little place with many different types of folks, all shades of color, gender, age, ethnicity. All respectFULL and getting along, at least that's what I saw. Vendors come out and sell their goods, their craft. People walk, drink, eat, look, smell, and feel the vibe of the environment.

It was a cool crisp day. Just cool enough to not be concerned about germs in the air. A day where in the sun you feel warm enough but in the shade...'it's cold!'

There was a sister there...an artist. She painted beauty-FULL, vibrant pieces with texture. I mean the paint didn't hug the canvas...It leaned over toward and said "feel me". Brown sister with locks that added character to her frame. She paints full-time, 60 pieces a week she says...All original. I am sure I will see her again when I have money to buy one of her pieces. The price was quite reason-able.

Had coffee this morning at a Starbucks owned by Magic Johnson. I thought to myself 'this must be owned by magic johnson. there are too many images of this black man on the wall. Vanilla people, as mocca coco calls them, would put pictures of a black man all over their walls.' Duhhh!

While sitting there I heard a familiar voice laced with sound that was not familiar to me...Natalie Stewart of Floetry spoke words to melodies and Marsha's voice glided in next to hers. It was a beauty-full song, but I would not hear it to my satisfaction because it played above the humm of voices of others who waited for and enjoyed their morning cup of joe.

I felt alive today. No worries, no cares, no concerns...just peaceFULL and content... on a nice crisp autum day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.