Thursday, August 17, 2006

Spike Lee's Katrina documentary opens - Yahoo! News

Spike Lee's Katrina documentary opens - Yahoo! News: "Lee has not tried to hide his anger about New Orleans' devastation by levee breaks and the government's slow response. He has even gone so far as to call the events 'criminal.'

'The devastation here was not brought on solely by Mother Nature,' Lee said. 'People in charge were not doing their job.'

If nothing else, Lee said he hopes his documentary will bring attention back to the region, where it's needed. 'People are still in dire straits. We want to put the focus back here,' he said.

One evacuee, back in the New Orleans area to find a home after evacuating to Cleveland, said she felt 'spiritually drawn' to attend the screening.

'I wanted to come to this so bad. I needed to come,' said Mildred White, 59. 'I feel like I haven't had a good cleansing. I feel like this will be cleansing for me, like going to a funeral.'"
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.